The shape of modern business with the increasing number of laws, rules and regulations entailing upon by governmental regulators and enforcement agencies, intending to ensure significant changes in bringing out objectivity, accountability and best practice as driving forces in running businesses has been fouled up. The trend of imposing further complexities in aligning manifold obligations of businesses under the robust umbrella of law is skyrocketed. Should the companies want their business not being deviated from the track, it is compulsory that they be up-to-date with the latest developments and issues occurring in the mammoth field of regulatory and compliance. The professionals of Imperium Legum have in depth knowledge and on the ground expertise in industry terms and practices and they are well-equipped to identify the applicability of laws and regulations for a specific and head off the risks of the company from being subjected to enforcement actions and fines. Our services include counseling on local regulations relating to banking, securities, stock exchange, foreign investment, food and drugs compliance, health care, commodities, tax compliance and other financial products. Our people have prior experience of working closely with local regulatory bodies including BSTI, DGDA, BCSIR, BOI, CCIE, LABOUR AUTHORITY, DEPARTMENT OF BOILER, FIRE SERVICE AND CIVIL DEFENSE, DEPARTMENT OF EXPLOSIVE, DOE, SEC, etc.
Moreover we conduct due diligence in mergers, acquisition and in different financial transactions and carry out internal investigations to find out and annihilate outsights escalating to non compliance. Besides, our professionals endeavor to develop effective corporate compliance programs thoroughly designed and appropriately tailored in light with the size, complexity and needs of particular organizations with regular monitoring and supervision following their establishment aiming to ensure sound corporate governance. In case of a breach, we take utmost care to lessen the consequences of non-compliance and put best efforts to protect the company from any reputational harm. We precisely assist our clients with on the ground knowledge to fulfill their compliance burdens and eventually help them stay in the right path.
Our Regulatory Compliance Program includes the following:
- Advising companies and directors on pertinent regulatory issues.
- Advising on anti-corruption, anti-money laundering laws.
- Advising on customs and immigration laws.
- Advising clients on compliance strategies.
- Helping clients in conducting annual compliance reviews.
- Conducting training on compliance issues.
- Counseling officers and directors on their fiduciary responsibilities.
- Structuring sound corporate compliance program.
- Representing clients in arbitration and alternate dispute resolution.
- Defending clients in SEC inquiries and investigations.
- Advising regulators on their role and power.
- Advising clients on economic regulation.